Jury Trial Consultants all have educational backgrounds in the social sciences with advanced degrees in Consumer Psychology, Social Psychology, Industrial Organizational Psychology, Neuropsychology, Communications, and Law. We favor the more rigorous applied psychology disciplines from top universities.
Two decades of total case experience covering virtually all civil case types: Complex commercial and financial matters, antitrust, unfair competition, price fixing, Lanham Act, Ponzi schemes, derivatives, embezzlement, securities, insider trading, international trade, products liability, trademark, patent, contract, cyberpiracy, consumer fraud, false advertising, construction, real estate, imminent domain, toxic tort, employment discrimination, sexual harassment, defamation and slander, premises liability, personal injury, wrongful death, vehicle accidents (auto, motorcycle, truck, bus, train, airplane, & watercraft), medical, legal and accounting malpractice, insurance, reinsurance, bad faith, fraud, racketeering, sexual assault, high-profile murder and celebrity divorce.
Director – James Wright, Ph.D.
17 years of communications consulting experience crossing multiple disciplines for 4 national firms.
Notable Cases & Clients
Automobile, oil, pharmaceutical, financial & banking, CPG, telecom, computer chip, and tech companies, as well as US and foreign governments, several television networks, NFL & NBA sports organizations, as well as champion athletes from heavyweight boxing, and horseracing, and recording artists Boys II Men and the Canadian rock band Rush.
Highlights of Background & Experience
- Ph.D. Consumer Psychology – degree awarded jointly by faculty of Marketing and Psychology departments at Texas A & M University
- Master’s in Industrial Organizational Psychology with a specialization in social influence, persuasion, and decision-making.
- Presented research at Academy of Management, Society for Industrial and Organizational Psychology, and Human Factors annual conferences.
- Provided UDRP expert testimony and critical review of the opposition’s branding, consumer research methodology, survey results, and conclusions regarding consumer behavior.
- Provided the prevailing expert testimony in landmark International Centre for Dispute Resolution decisions regarding the new gTLDs. Testimony related to research methodology, survey construction, and analysis reliability and validity. Designed and conducted two large-scale, multi-national studies specially to assess issues of potential consumer confusion paralleling the same criteria used in trademark disputes.
- Classified psychological research for Naval Intelligence under special civilian security clearance.
- Performed all simulator stunt-driving for the television show Modern Marvels (2003 episode on car crashes) broadcast on The History Channel®.