Two decades of total case experience covering virtually all civil case types: Complex commercial and financial matters, antitrust, unfair competition, price fixing, Lanham Act, Ponzi schemes, derivatives, embezzlement, securities, insider trading, international trade, products liability, trademark, patent, contract, cyberpiracy, consumer fraud, false advertising, construction, real estate, imminent domain, toxic tort, employment discrimination, sexual harassment, defamation and slander, premises liability, personal injury, wrongful death, vehicle accidents (auto, motorcycle, truck, bus, train, airplane, & watercraft), medical, legal and accounting malpractice, insurance, reinsurance, bad faith, fraud, racketeering, sexual assault, high-profile murder and celebrity divorce.
Director – James Wright, Ph.D.
20+ years of communications consulting experience with four national consulting firms – specialization in social influence, persuasion and decision-making.
Notable Cases & Clients
Automobile, oil, pharmaceutical, financial & banking, CPG, telecom, computer chip, and tech companies, as well as US and foreign governments, several television networks, NFL & NBA sports organizations, as well as champion athletes from heavyweight boxing, and horseracing, and recording artists Boys II Men and the Canadian rock band Rush.
Highlights of Background & Experience
- Has appeared as jury expert live on Court TV®
- Served as expert on consumer confusion, survey and research methodology in US Federal Court (Arizona, California); provided expert reports, declarations, and deposition testimony.
- Testified as live expert witness (Consumer Behavior) in United States Federal Court, Northern District of California.
- Designed and directed the two prevailing multi-national studies (derived from international trademark law criteria) for the landmark International Centre for Dispute Resolution decisions regarding the new gTLDs (which assessed the potential for consumer confusion between “.com”, “.net”, and the new gTLDs).
- Provided UDRP expert testimony and critical review of the opposition’s branding, consumer research methodology, survey results, and conclusions regarding consumer behavior.
- Presented research at Academy of Management, Society for Industrial and Organizational Psychology, and Human Factors annual conferences.
- Classified psychological research for Naval Intelligence under special civilian security clearance.
- Performed all simulator stunt-driving for the television show Modern Marvels™ (2003 episode on car crashes) broadcast on The History Channel®.
- Ph.D. Organizational Psychology and Behavioral Economics – awarded by faculty of both Marketing and Industrial Organizational Psychology departments, Texas A & M University.